Thursday, January 23, 2014

Quick Tip/Share: Writing and Proofreading

Have you ever wanted to have a way for your teens work proofread  by someone else so that it makes the editing/revising process a bit less painful for your learner and YOU? - If you answered yes, have I got a resource to share with you ! Its called Paper Rater. (primarily for Middle School writing and up)

PaperRater
This site is very simple to use. All you need to do is to cut & paste the piece of writing into the space and give the work a title and follow the prompts and submit the piece of writing.

I tried this and submitted a piece of my teens writing and I love it! It was really helpful getting feedback and information that wasn't coming from me, MOM.

The report that came back examined the following; Plagiarism, Spelling and Grammar, Style and Word Choice Analysis, Readability Statistics, Title Validation, Vocabulary and also graded the paper.

I really liked how I could read this over to my teen for a more "objective" point of view. Let's face it us Mom's who play Editor have a tough job critiqing our learners work and its just nice for us to have something that we can use to give feedback that is constructive and can be used as a great teaching tool.

I hope you get a chance to give this a try~ If you do let me know what you think!

No comments:

You might like these~

Popular Posts