Saturday, September 8, 2012

A New School Year Begins~

Autumn is here and that means a new school year for us and the end of our summer vacation.

We started back to school this past week. It went surprisingly well!

I found this was the first year there were not too many issues or problems getting things going. In years past we had to ramp slowly but this year we are doing pretty well.

The boys are working completely separate now for their studies. The difference between highschool and middle school lessons are becoming increasingly apparent and I felt that boys would be much more successful working separately and I have found I was right.

We are starting our 7th year of homeschooling and by now I can clearly see what the boys strengths and abilities are. Where they need more work and how best to meet their needs.

I noticed one thing for sure and that is that they continue to evolve in their strengths and in their interests.  It can be hard sometimes to keep up with the change but I think I have finalized things out and we are right on track as to which direction we are going.

I will be sharing about those changes as the weeks move forward and how the changes have helped them become more successful in their learning.

I am also going to be starting a series this year that pertains specifically toward homeschooling teens. In this new series I plan on sharing parenting and learning issues. I realized that there isn't really all that much out there when it comes to homeschooling our teens so I thought I would share suggestions, ideas, tips and examples that readers may find helpful.

I hope everyone is planning or has had a great first start to their new year of learning!




2 comments:

Linda said...

My daughter is not in high school yet, we are still homeschooling middle school, but I am frantically gathering information about homeschooling highschool. I will be checking back for hints and tips because I can can certainly use all the help I can get! I recently found a site called LetsHomeschoolHighschool.com, it is a community for parents and kids who homeschool high school that I thought I could share with you.
Please share your experiences so that those of us with kids coming up to high school can gain information. Happy homeschooling!

Learners at Home said...

Thank you for the site recommendation Linda, I will be sure to check that out!

I will be sure to share our experiences and things that we have found helpful.

Warmly,

Tracey

You might like these~

Popular Posts