Monday, April 30, 2012

Lemonade War~ !



Our 13yo just started a new book and I thought I would share about it. Lemonade Wars by Jacqueline Davies. 

He had just started it this morning and already he says he likes it! ( which really says something!) :)  I thought it would be a fun book for him to get and its been sitting on our shelf since last summer. He finally pulled it out to read~ Our youngest tends to like business and money ( sound familiar to anyone else out there?) so seeing this sort of made me wonder if he might enjoy this book.

Through the link provided you can learn more about the book and lessons it teaches but here is a review from Children's Literature~

 " Effectively combines math ( especially money), economics and marketing to make a suspenseful, subtly educational plot that goes down as easily as a cool glass of lemonade in August" - Children's Literature


I had no idea there were more in the series ( which, again, the link will show you) so if he likes this one as much as he thinks he does he can plan to read the others as well~ Oh, and he also ran for the frig to get a glass of lemonade after he read a few chapters! ha! ~ We will be adding this to our Bean Bag Reading for sure.

Note: this reminded me of a game my older son has played ~ Lemonade Stand by Cool Math, free to play online! And there is also this one I found as well: Lemonade Stand.

No comments:

You might like these~

Popular Posts