Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Flash Cards for Practicing Shapes~

We are just starting back with our studies this week and that means a bit of review~ here are some flash cards I made up this morning to help with learning some of the 2D and 3D shapes.
I have a few boxes empty so that you can add your own for younger learners like a star and heart etc.., I also will be adding more as we move further into geometry with our youngest. Some are quite easy but we are also using these cards for the spelling of the shapes as well~ 

If you would like to print these out you can find them here.  I will post more as I create more for this set. For right now these are all we need I am going to laminate these and use a hole punch and add them to a silver stainless ring so that we can have easy access to them~

*update~ here are some activities and games to use for continuing practice with shapes:
Nets 3D models to make from Sen Teacher
Smartinies Shape Store - this is for much younger learners but thought I would share for my readers that have younger children.
Interactive Math Shape Games
Geometry from Math is Fun

3 comments:

Lisa White said...

Cool idea many thanks! I've only just found your blog. It's cool! Perhaps you might like to take a look at mine?

www.anordinary-life.blogspot.com

Learners at Home said...

Lisa~ thank you! and Welcome! OH just checked your blog - love it and I am now a follower! :)

Warmly,

Tracey

Lisa White said...

Cool! Glad you like it. Have put a link to your blog in my 'other HE links tab'. Love resoources from other HEers x

You might like these~

Popular Posts