Monday, April 4, 2011

Learning Technology Through Doing- creating a website


I had an idea just this morning. I had been talking with my teen idea~ and we  might be looking at starting an online site for his teen group. A place they can go to "hang" share music videos, game reviews, articles, links etc.. on things they are doing or are interested in.. we may also have a forum on the website also.

I thought this would be a great way to use this as a teaching tool for technology. We can both share in the efforts of creating the site and he can be more a part of things and monitor things on the site.

We have not yet started it yet. It is still in the planning stages but I thought this would be a really innovative idea. I am thinking of using either Weebly or Free Webs for our platform, but am  not positive. I want something that is easy to manage so any other suggestions would be very appreciated. ~

I would like to have a calendar in it also so that the teens can refer to it for events that will be coming up, meetings we will have and group activities. ~ here is to adding yet one more thing to my list ~ :)

No comments:

You might like these~

Popular Posts