Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Geography - How the States got their shapes

We had seen bits and pieces of this last year on the History Channel but plan on trying to watch this in its entirety this year~ we really liked it and found it very interesting with facts and information. Here is a listing of the states from the History Channels site.

Check your local listings for this great show~ and here is a study guide to go along with the show - (you will notice the dates show October that is when I believe it aired the first time our local listings  show airs this Wednesday)
You can also purchase the DVD here and there is some more brief information about it.

1 comment:

elysabeth said...

I watched this a few months ago - apparently as a repeated episode - something the History Channel does often - runs a program until they find something else to put in its place - I thought it was interesting but didn't realize they had a study guide to go with it. I also think it was rather limited only talking about a few states as opposed to all fifty. But overall, the program was good. I was hoping for some fodder to use for my books but only a few things stuck out for me - so I'll stick to using the information I already have. Thanks for sharing with us - E :)

Elysabeth Eldering
Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad, 50-state, mystery, trivia series

Where will the adventure take you next?

http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com
http://jgdsseries.weebly.com

You might like these~

Popular Posts