Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A New Project - Learners At Home Academy

I am currently working on a new project. We are creating a new blog, Learners At Home Academy. This is a place where all of the boys assignments will be listed daily. It is going to be used much like a virtual school/place where my son can go and retrieve all his daily assignments and link resources for those assignments and further learning.

I plan to pack this site with all the information they need for their studies. I think it is a clever way to assign work, help them stay organized ( including myself) and also take advantage of the internet and resources we have at our disposal much more. 

I had gotten idea when I had posted this link on the AKOL facebook page. I started reading and realized that this is exactly what I needed. A place to post assignments I can do ahead of time to help me save some time and having all of the resources we need in one organized spot will be very efficient.

I decided to not make this site public, however, for those interested you can always contact me and I can add you to the list of readers who might be interested in following our assignments. 

This project will probably take me some time to put together~ I am hoping to have this completed and running within a few weeks. 


I  thought I might share my idea in case others may find this helpful for their own home learning. 


2 comments:

Suji said...

What a neat idea! I think I'd like to try this as well. It will help me fulfill my obsessive tendency to keep planning and scheduling too! LOL.

Learners at Home said...

I started adding things and can already see how well this could actually work! :D let me know if you want me to send you an invite to get ideas. Perhaps you can give me some ideas also! lol
Warmly,

tracey

You might like these~

Popular Posts