Thursday, March 17, 2011

Learning about Cells- and another resource to share

For our younger learner Thursdays are Science Block Days. He works the beginning of the week on his Core Lessons/Discipline Studies ( Reading/Phonics, Math & Writing) and looks forward to Thursdays and Fridays when he can then set those core studies aside to work on Science for the day and then on Friday is History.

Today we are starting a unit on Cells.  It is the first lesson unit in our Science Lifepac and I plan on incorporating some science folds and few other things to learn about Cells.

Here are some pages I created ( see the Cells page on the list) that are adapted from the Lifepac unit that I made a cover page, vocab folds and a notebooking page ~ I kept this in a word document format in case you would like to change the vocabulary words or anything else to make it your own. As I make more and/or what we find and use I will go ahead and post the information to share.



I also found this link resource from Discovery Education this morning while checking my emails. I subscribe to Kathy Schrock's Education Newsletter and she had a link to Discovery Education's SMART EXCHANGE. The Smart Exchange is a place you can search a topic and find link resources, lessons and assessments. I found this link resource about Cells while searching. You can click on the "preview button" to see what it is like.

Happy Science Learning!

3 comments:

desertramblings said...

Is there a way to use these SMART Notebook lessons on your computer? Do you need special software to use them?

That website has all kinds of other tools and resources outside of the SMART section! Almost overwhelming with what's available! I wish we could get more into the Web 2.0 tools!

Wow, how do you have time to create your own folds for vocabulary and crank out a notebooking page as well? Just on the fly like that!

Learners at Home said...

Cindy, I am not sure about that. I just really liked how you can search lessons and it just so happened it came up with some good ones for us! You would know more about that than I :)

I try and jump ahead ( when I can) it doesn't always happen but it can get quite busy, lol :) I will share more when we do them. If time is tight creating the folds generically really works in a pinch. :)

Warmly,

tracey

desertramblings said...

So what kind of lessons did you find that were NOT SMART lessons or just plain images? I didn't see anything else? How will you use a SMART lesson?

You might like these~

Popular Posts