Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Copywork and Cursive~

"Capital "G" is like a boat "my youngest explained this morning ~ he finds things to help him remember how to make those pictures in his head. This was one way he remembered how to make a capital "G". 

Our youngest has taken to doing his copywork in cursive now, we are still practicing words, his signature and specific letter combinations.  Writing his copywork in cursive was entirely his idea~ it wasn't required because we use copywork heavily to encourage good writing and punctuation learning so I did not intend to add one more "layer" toward his copywork. But because he was so interested I let him go for it. ~ 

He came in a few times asking me certain letters as I could see him struggle a bit to get the pictures correct in his head ( remembering this kind of activity takes many skills all at once) to help him more with these pictures I showed him these videos as he needed ( we would fast forward through the beginning to get to the part we needed) he found it really helpful and once again it was a "visual way" of helping him see it, hear it to help internalize the information. He did great!

Happy Cursive Writing! 

2 comments:

Patty said...

Could you please tell me what kind of notebook that is that he is doing his cursive practice in.

Learners at Home said...

Hello Patty~ His notebook was one of the Mead Student Books Grade 3 I believe found at Staples :)

You might like these~

Popular Posts