Friday, October 8, 2010

Neurolearning- some helpful articles and information

One of my most favorite books that I have read and refer back to very often is The Mislabled Child by Drs. Brock and Fernette Eide.  It helped me so much when I was considering what to look at when it came to my boys development and their learning strengths and struggles.
I think at first when we are contemplating testing or considering our child's struggles in learning it can be quite overwhelming. This book seems to really help sort things through and gives such hope, support and encouragement.  I would recommend this book to any parent, teacher or physician who works/deals with children ( all children not just special needs children).

There is also a  site called the Neurolearning Library which I found to have very helpful articles in many areas of learning and understanding. I could probably spend all day on this website because of the wealth of information here.
Reading through some of these articles give you an idea of what the their book is all about. I really don't think I would have been as successful as I have been with my two boys if I had not read this book.

The Neurolearning Blog is also something I subscribe to and find many of the posts very helpful and insightful.

Just a few suggestions for help if you suspect you may have a child with learning differences/or a disability~

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I love that book, it was really helpful for me in understanding my son's needs. Your review has made me want to read it again!

Learners at Home said...

I actually think that is a good idea.. I continually look to this book and their blog ~ it helped me tremendously. Another, you might really, really find helpful like I did, ( I don't think I mentioned) is by Dr. Richard Lavoie "It's So Much Work to be Your Friend. - its not what you think be sure and check it out if you get a chance. I just loved it, it is another I refer to often and will try and write about when I have time.

Warmly,

tracey

You might like these~

Popular Posts