Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Great Day, and Something Funny to Share-

We had a great day today~ I have to say this week has been packed with doctor appointments and meetings for some reason it seems we have had something each day! Before, when we first started homeschooling those days would seem to drain us and we had a hard time coming home and getting back into the groove with our studies. So on those days we sometimes would just take the day off, since I didn't think we would get much accomplished.

It doesn't seem to be like that any longer. I have found that in my keeping with the momentum at home we still get just as much accomplished for the most part ( give or take one subject or two depending).
We had many appointments in the mornings this week so we would not get home till around lunch time or after but I saw that if I pulled things together and let them head outside after lunch or so to blow off some steam, I was able to get them back, to get going on some studies. With very few moans~ maybe a few from my teen but don't all teens moan now and then? LOL  Our youngest dashed right into action ~


Phonics For Reading, Level 3
We ended up finishing up our Phonics for Reading Program ( one I had written about previously) and my son I think was excited and  to see it come to the end, but really isn't wild about change and was sad that there was not another level to go into once he finished this one. ( he was in level 3, the last level )  My youngest guy likes to keep things the same especially when he gets comfortable with something and it really is a good program, once you find out how you want to do it. For us, we found it wonderful and I remained very consistent with how I presented the lessons with reviewing the new words each time we would work on a particular lesson so it worked for us. He now goes into a program called Reading Rewards, one that he sort of turned his little nose up to, but I plan to keep things the same and I think in time he will get comfortable.

Grammar Revolution
My older son continued on with the work in his Grammar Revolution and is doing great! He now has finished learning all the parts of speech and just yesterday began learning sentence diagramming which, can I just say he loves! lol  He still does written narration on his OneNote for it after learning something new and it is also neat because he is learning how to use more of the tools in One Note for example, yesterday he was doing diagramming and was sitting there starring at his laptop when I asked him if he was done with his narration~ he explained he was "he thought" but didn't know how to "write" in OneNote the examples of the sentence diagramming.. (big smile here, lol ) so then I was able to show him the drawing tools and he thought it was so neat! So he is continuing on with that and did well today - so far he has learned the basic of sentence diagramming; subject/verb and now today adding the adjective to the diagram.

Science Narration * the something funny *
You might remember I mentioned he was working on a science unit study called Introduction to Neurology and it has been going well~   he took today ( for some reason he wanted to do this I have no idea why)to read through his work ( written narrations) thus far on the unit.  He came up to me afterwards and remarked how his OneNote's  Brain Study looks SO AWESOME, I asked why and he said " its just so GOOD! - I am really doing a good job on this, it read so well, I am even impressed!" LOL I was so surprised to hear this.. one more notch for written narrations... :)

No comments:

You might like these~

Popular Posts