Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Modified Workfile Assignment System for our Teen Part 3


Besides actually writing up the assignments on the Workfile Assignment Sheet, I believe we are about finished. It looks rather simple, but in showing my middle schooler how this is going to work~ he was very receptive.

Basically, I have used hanging folders for each subject he has for school. I tried to color coat the folders as best I could so that it would be easier for him to pull out which subject he needs.

In each hanging folder there will be his Work File Assignment Sheet which I posted about previously. On this sheet it will have his assignments for the entire week. When he finishes his assignment for the day he can then go over and use his "Pocket System" and add the completed subject into the red checked mark pocket so he knows "visually" his subject is done for they day.

He also can choose to skip a subject and clip the card to a clothespin for work to do later in the week~ this enables him to have a bit more "wiggle room" and also teaches time management and more independent learning.

Besides the Work File Assignment Sheet he will also have any other items needed for the week to complete his assignments, notebook pages, lapbook folds, booklets, books, notes for website resources etc... I have put all his larger books to the back of his hanging folders, so this way he has everything he needs in one central location and he is not going all over looking for items.
He will still be getting his own materials for crafts, writing etc.. Where he is older I would much rather have him doing these things and afterwards cleaning up his own mess and such rather than adding all of these little things to his folders.

As I was setting up his subjects, I saw I needed a way to track his typing a bit more. He types each day and I wanted to be able "on paper" to have him track his progress so I created this typing assessment chart, which later on, he will then create a graph for so he can really "see" his progress and improvement.

I think we are about finished with this planning. If I do decide to add any further things I will be sure to share, but for now, this looks like it will fit him just fine and for him, simpler is much better than fancy :)

No comments:

You might like these~

Popular Posts