Thursday, May 14, 2009

Organizing your Home Library~

I have been busy organizing all my books for our library. Our new books and new programs will be arriving and I have been busy trying to organize each according to subject and unit study.

Currently, I have been creating an online catalog of our library, here at home. I looked into various free online versions to help me do this and chose The Library Thing.

I was not sure exactly which to use where I already had a Shelfari account and heard Gurulib was very good but needed to know how they compared to The Library Thing. Here is a review
a good friend forwarded to me. I thought this was very helpful in making my decision.

I really like it and found that since I am moving toward working on unit studies with the boys, I would need a place on line where I could put this information.
The tags on Library Thing make organizing information very easy. I have been adding my resources I have purchased for our unit studies and tag them with the subject title so I can easily go back and check what I need and what I already might have.

Adding books to your library is quick and easy. I am not the most technical person so when I mention easy, it most certainly is.

Happy organizing~

No comments:

You might like these~

Popular Posts