Monday, January 12, 2009

My first post~little pieces about us....

Winter in New England....freezing temperatures but I suppose it is to be expected here in the month of January.

I was thinking for my first post I should tell you some bits about our family and home:

Home Learning can be quite a journey~ we are in our second year of homeschooling. I am finally starting to feel like I am understanding how my boys need to learn and how I may need to teach them so they can enjoy learning...

We have many days filled with interesting exploration and fun, through child led learning.
We have an abundance of places to explore through nature. Tucked away at the foot of the Lakes Region, here in New Hampshire we find ourselves learning from home and the world around us.

We are a family of four boys ages, 22, 19, 12 and 9. Our two older boys both attend public college and public schools while the other two younger children learn from home.
Our boys have special needs and are learning to overcome their learning disabilities by learning about their uniqueness, gifts and strengths. We are teaching them that their disabilities are not who they are but rather only a small piece to their abilities they have to offer our family and society. We encourage the children to think for themselves and to learn problem solving skills that can be helpful as the children grow.
Learning at home can offer a unique time where children are free to learn about themselves and their world around them.

I hope you enjoy our special place I have created in order to help and share with others.

No comments:

You might like these~

Popular Posts